Table of Contents
Life cannot always go on as planned. No matter how sparing you are, external forces and unprecedented cases can negatively impact your carefully planned expenses. You may need additional dollars. This is when the question of how to get a payday loan comes to mind.
This article sheds light on payday loans. It describes what a payday loan is, and what the requirements for a payday loan are. It introduces the loaning process and highlights points that borrowers should consider.
What are Payday Loans?
Payday loans are short-term loans of small amounts, typically $ 500. They are meant to solve urgent small-scale financial matters that require immediate attention. The amount can be issued by cash, check, electronically debited to the borrower’s account, or transferred onto the debit card. Usually, borrowers must repay the loan in full on their next payday.
What Do I Need for a Payday Loan?
Applicants of payday loans should meet the following requirements of payday loan:
- be 18 years old and above
- have a stable source of income
- be US citizens or permanent residents
- have an active checking account
Applicants must also record/submit the following information:
- full name and date of birth
- social security number
- a legitimate, government-issued form of ID or driving license
- bank account details
- email address, address of residency, and phone number
- proof of employment and source of income
How is the Payday Loaning Process?
Borrowers conduct loan research online. They narrow down lenders based on their own credit score and the payday loan amount. On the other hand, lenders provide offers online. Once borrowers select lenders, they review the loan terms carefully. Terms include the loan due date, the loan rate, the processing fees, and any other expenses that lenders charge for their services. Borrowers prepare the documents required to apply for the loan and submit their application. Now the only thing remaining for borrowers is to wait for a response. The response will either be a loan approval and offer details, or a request for additional supporting documents. Sometimes borrowers get the approval in a matter of hours.
Any Payday Loan Concerns to Consider?
In most cases, payday loans are the most convenient alternative for addressing immediate financial needs. Quick money can be enticing. Therefore, there are issues to consider.
- Borrowers need to bear in mind that lenders of payday loans are likely to look at their credit profile. However, they do not study the credit history extensively as traditional banks do. They do not carry the responsibility of evaluating the other financial obligations of the borrowers. Yet, the non-existence of credit history or poor credit history may impact the loan interest rate. Therefore, borrowers must study loaning options carefully.
- Borrowers need never forget to check pre-payment and late payment penalties. That will all negatively affect their budget and ability to pay. abilities.
- Borrowers may need to alter the payday due date. In this case, there might be a possibility for a loan extension if the state laws allow it. In similar circumstances, lenders charge additional fees. If the bank or credit union gets involved, the threat of an NSF (non-sufficient funds) charge is also something to look out for.
- Borrowers must be mindful, especially when on a tight budget. Fees of payday loans vary from $10 to $30 for every $100 borrowed, depending on the state and the lender. Additional costs may apply if the loan amount is transferred onto borrowers’ debit cards.
• Borrowers must rethink the payday loan purpose before applying. Some lenders will not allow the usage of funds granted for business purposes. In this case, it would be better to apply for a business loan.
In conclusion, when thinking of a payday loan, borrowers should never forget that they are taking a debt and are in charge of repaying it. This necessitates knowing about the loan options, terms, and consequences. s